Pages

Monday, August 10, 2015

Writing Update

Hi my lovely viewers so I haven't said anything about what I'm writing. All you guys really know is that I'm writing a book.  To be honest I haven't been writing as much as I wanted to. I just finish my summer classes. Then I go back to school in 21 days. That is why I start this back to school series for anyone mostly directed to bloggers. Any who I'm getting off topic, so I decided I would give you to a guys an idea where I am at in my writing process.

I will be talking about outlining your stories in some upcoming posts, but that doesn't work for me. Every time I try to start outlining I have scenes playing in my head. I did start to outline a  basic idea of a story that I think is really different, but I really wanted to do the story that I been wanting to do for the past two years and I will explain more about it soon.  I automatically stopped that story and put it to the side. Despite me not writing much the last time I checked I was 3000 words which is pretty great.  I'm so excited to jump back in it. 

In all technicalities I started this story two years ago, but then I stopped. When I went to check it out a few weeks ago. I realize it was awful. It had way to much going on it wasn't working for me. I didn't see it going anyway and things got carry away. So when I went into this time I made sure it doesn't get to obscured.  For example the main love interest was a vampire and it had nothing to do with vampires then I brought another guy in it because I wanted to do the best love triangle ever. I decided that will be saved for another day.  I one of the lines in the book went, "Chose, chose, chose, you must choice" I have no clue why this is here and it makes me cringe so much it isn't funny. I'm on the right track now.

I do know where I want it to go I really want it to be three books because that is as much as I think the story and this world can go for. I have and idea for the ending that is so unpredictable for the first book that will blow people away. Then I have the rough idea for book two. Book three is a little too far for me to think of. Who knows anything can change at the moment.  I already have to beta readers. One is my best friend then the other is a close friend. 

Before you guys start think hey its not good to have friends edit your book or read it because they won't criticize you. My best friend is like the brutally honest person out there and she is also a grammar nazis. My other friend loves my writing.  Both of them support me and know I can succeed at anything I do I just have to put my mind to it.  

Off topic again, wow twice in one in post. Must be a scatterbrain today. If you guys are writing comment below on your word count. If there is something special you guys want to see then let me know and I will get to it. Thanks for visiting and I hope you come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment